Sunday, April 08, 2012

dior, dolce vita red - review

For my 5-year-anniversary at my work, I got given £20 worth of gift vouchers.. and I decided that a new lipstick was exactly what I needed! I've been looking for a sort of orange-toned red for a while, and I thought I'd have a wander around Reading looking for one. I thought the answer would lie at MAC, Chanel or Yves Saint Laurent, but it actually was hidden at Christian Dior! I've only ever bought foundation from Christian Dior, when this lovely caught my eye. However, I didn't know the packaging would be quite so.. odd;
I don't even know what this looks like, haha. The top round thing and the blue lifts off and it's just a circular base with the lipstick inside. It's really strange, haha. It's also very shiny and gold, which is nice. My mum thought that it looked like something that Cleopatra might have had, haha. 
Like I said, I had the gift vouchers but they usually cost around the £25 mark, depending on where you buy them. 
Anyway, the colour and formula are really lovely! It's a creamy matte-ish colour that doesn't dry out much, like MAC's mattes. It's also got a pretty good sticking power, only fading a little bit in the middle of my lips, so I generally rate it pretty highly.
I'm pretty pleased with my choice in all, here's a quick snap of me wearing it, but I'm pretty sleepy and I'd been up early and shopping all day, so excuse my tired face! 

Price: 5/5 (gift vouchers!)
Packaging: 2/5
Colour: 5/5
Texture: 5/5
Would I buy this product again?: I think I will definitely explore other Dior lipsticks form now on, yes!

What do you think of this colour? Have you bought any Dior lip products? Let me know! I hope you're all having a lovely Easter Sunday!

2 comments:

I love getting comments and receiving them, and I will always reply to them, even if it takes me a little while, please be patient!

UA-21892945-2