Monday, June 04, 2012

he's taken one of his socks off, and he appears to be crying


Bit of a picture heavy post from me today, but I wanted to share a teensy bit of my love for Wes Anderson, whilst it's sort of relevant. Someone introduced me to The Royal Tenenbaums a few years ago, and it was sort of like falling in love, haha. His films are really amazing, he's a great director. He currently has a new film in the cinemas, Moonrise Kingdom, and I'm so, so excited to go and see it. Annoyingly, it's only showing at super selective cinemas at stupid times, but hopefully I'll get a chance before they stop showing it! Fingers crossed, anyway. That aside, even if you don't get a chance to go and see it, I urge you to check out some of his other films, they're so good. They're very romantic, and not always in a boy/girl way, in a way that makes you want to drop everything and live on a boat with some dolphins with cameras or take a train across India, or just sit on rooftops in New York. If you watch a couple of his films, you see that he has some really trademark cues, like shots from above, books, titles, bits of paper, sweeping side shots.. I could go on, but instead, I just really urge you to watch his films! In order of watching, I suggest; The Royal Tenenbaums, Rushmore, The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou, Fantastic Mr. Fox (not just a kids film!), The Darjeeling Limited, Bottle Rocket.

6 comments:

  1. I am a bit Wes fan too :) ...it helps I also like bill Murray hehe

    Karys x
    Whoisgrumblebeard.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Big not bit..obviously hehe

      Delete
    2. I'm such a big fan it's probably unhealthy, haha. I have a huge thing for Edward Norton.. so seeing him in shorts and knee socks was quite amazing! xx

      Delete
  2. After reading this I think I should watch these films. It really looks good!

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're incredibly beautiful films, I highly recommend! x

      Delete
  3. i loooooove darljeeling limited. excellent choices

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and receiving them, and I will always reply to them, even if it takes me a little while, please be patient!

UA-21892945-2