Wednesday, June 13, 2012

summer brights - china glaze neons

China Glaze Sun Worshipper 
China Glaze Flip Flop Fantasy, both £5.99

My love for China Glaze neons has been going on for a long, long time - as long as this blog infact.. See my post from back in 2010 about some of the green neons I own. Anyway, I've had these two for a long time, also, and I promised a full swatch and review back then, and never gave you one..Nearly two years later, I come through on that promise! Haha, I'm useless. Anyway, neons photograph.. horrifically, and I'm no camera expert, so these aren't really accurate shades. They're as close as I could get. They're these shades, but.. fluorescent! Temptalia has the most accurate swatches, colour wise.
Sun Worshipper is an amazing, not quite traffic cone orange, and not quite yellow, it's somewhere inbetween. It practically glows in the dark! And because it's so bright, it makes me look really tan. However, on overcast or dull days, it looks obscenely bright. Wear indoors, and you risk blinding people - my mother hates it!
Flip Flop Fantasy is a neon-coral, I suppose. It looks pink in the bottle, but takes on an orange tone when on the nails. It's less bright than Sun Worshipper.. though that's not saying much. It has a better formula though.
Neons are notoriously tricky - although I do own some good ones (In the Limelight, Turned Up Turquoise, Purple Panic). They are very thin, and watery, and require several coats to build it up to a flat colour. China Glaze recommend three coats, and with some polishes, that is enough. Sun Worshipper, I find, takes a lot more. And even then, you can still sort of see the nail lines through, so be warned, it takes patience! I also hate the matte/satin finish, so I always top-coat them. It protects them from chips, but it shortens the wear, I think.
Price: 5/5 (They're around £6 which is VERY reasonable)
Packaging: 5/5
Colour: 5/5
Formula: 2/5
Overall: 4/5
Would I buy it again?: Oh yes, yes, yes. In fact, China Glaze has a Neon Collection coming out for Summer 2012.. Oh, my wallet..

2 comments:

  1. loveeee both the colours and this is a nice review to, your blog is just lovely by the ways, keep up the good work, ill be visiting again very soon :)

    RED PRODIGY CLOTHES GIVEAWAY ON MY BLOG!
    http://haveapeekinsidemywardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and receiving them, and I will always reply to them, even if it takes me a little while, please be patient!

UA-21892945-2