Monday, September 10, 2012

illamasqua rare nail polish review

Rare has been sitting in my nail-polish collection for a little while now, and it has a very special place as my new-favourite-neon. Every time I would go to Illamasqua I would admire this lovingly, then always thought better of it, because neons often have a shitty formula, and I didn't want to be disappointed in spending so much money on it and hating it. 
However, I am pleased to say that it is actually one of the best neons I have tried, although it is not fault-free. It's still a little bit streaky if you're not careful, though it has a nicer creamier formula compared with the likes of China Glaze and such, which are much thinner. I still like at least two-coats, though, but it's still amazing. Also, it's proper, beautiful highlighter, blinding neon yellow... and it's this that I love about it. 
I generally just rate Illamasqua polishes, and I think they're amazingly affordable. I know there are a few readers that probably look at me like I'm mad - £13.50 is still expensive, but it's not really on par with Chanel's £18.50. I like the simple design of the bottle too, and they used to have the two-part cap which I loved, it gave you a lot more precision, but I think they might have stopped that now.
Price: 5/5
Packaging: 4/5
Colour: 5/5
Formula: 4/5
Overall: 4/5
Would I buy again?: Yup.. I want the green neon..

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments and receiving them, and I will always reply to them, even if it takes me a little while, please be patient!

UA-21892945-2