Tuesday, January 15, 2013

the importance of being fat

As you may be aware if you follow my blog: I am a larger girl. Curvy, plus-size, chunky, thick, fat.. I have heard it all.
Recently I seem to be hearing it a lot. I am so fucking fed up of it - I am fed up of laughing it off, laughing to myself or thinking that I need to try and prove something to someone. Let me tell you: I don't. When I think about who I am: the fact I am fat does not even enter my brain. If it doesn't bother me, it sure as hell shouldn't bother you. Better yet, I don't give a shit if it bothers you: it is not an issue. A complete, stinking, non-issue.

I was going to sit and list the situations and why you shouldn't call people fat as an insult, but let's be honest here: if you are even reading this, you're probably not the kind of person that would be petty enough to use that as an insult. And if you are, I would like you to learn from this.

So let me just say this: If fat is the best insult you can come up with - you need to grow the fuck up. You need to get the fuck over yourself. You need to fucking educate yourself. Most importantly, you need to stop. Being FAT is not an insult. Being fat is nothing to be ashamed of, stop making us feel so damn shitty about it. Fat people are probably better people than anyone that uses it as an insult.

There are far more upsetting and insulting things you could think of to say about me: I would beg that you use these, because if that is the most intelligent thing you can think of to say about me then you are possibly the LEAST intelligent person that I know.


7 comments:

  1. very inspiring, as long as you're happy within yourself, other people shouldn't have a right to judge. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and I forgot to mention, I don't think you're fat at all, I am very similar in body shape and I like to say we just have a little extra meat on our bones :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You missed something of the list beautiful xxx coleoftheballl33.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like jemmalouise said, very inspiring :)
    You are beautiful just the way you are and I see you as nothing but.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! You're actually not fat, y'know. Honestly. If that's fat, I dk what obese means anymore. I think you're very pretty :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to be deemed 'fat' now when I hear people making fun of peoples weight it disgusts me. Who is anyone to judge anyone about it?! It's refreshing to see someone take a stand on this. :) x

    www.erraticglamour.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and receiving them, and I will always reply to them, even if it takes me a little while, please be patient!

UA-21892945-2