Tuesday, September 24, 2013

winter warmer


I don't know about anyone else, but now the weather is that bit cooler, I want winter food! Like soup and pies and roasts and crumbles and all that good stuff. My mum makes the most amazing apple or blackberry pies - this was no exception. It was a bit of a cheated affair, shop bought pastry lining the dish, filled with washed, clean blackberries and sprinkled with sugar. Cover with pastry and sprinkle with sugar, bake until golden brown. So easy, so so so good! Served with a big helping of cream, custard, or vanilla ice-cream and it makes me long for Christmas, somehow? Haha.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, pies are my favourite winter dessert! <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks absolutely delicious! I do love autumn food :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and receiving them, and I will always reply to them, even if it takes me a little while, please be patient!

UA-21892945-2