Thursday, October 17, 2013

candlemaking


I've wanted to make my own candles for a little while - my mum bought some soya wax the other week and let me make some candles. Soya wax is good because you can melt it in a Pyrex jar in the microwave; no messing about on the stove: perfect. I've posted about candles you can make in old jelly moulds before and have always wanted to try it, but the price of 'vintage Jello moulds' is ridiculous! Then I came across these metal tart tins in my local cheapy-cheap shop (£1.50 for six) and thought they would be perfect.. They look super adorable, and I added some fragrance that I had bought from the same website as the wax and they're lovely. All you have to do is fill your container with the unmelted wax (to know how much to melt), put it in a microwavable container and melt for 30 second blasts, stirring in between. When done, make sure you have the wick held in place with some string, a peg, etc, and pour in the wax. Leave to set and bingo, some lovely little candles. Just a tip, you use a lot more wax than you think, so buy more than necessary!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments and receiving them, and I will always reply to them, even if it takes me a little while, please be patient!

UA-21892945-2