Sunday, January 26, 2014

an edinburgh getaway (sort of) - country


I recently told you about going to Edinburgh, but one of the days we took a day trip out to Loch Ness and Uruqhart Castle, stopping briefly at Glen Coe on the way up. It was really lovely, we had really amazing weather for the whole trip, and the sunset over the loch on the boat ride back to the coach was really lovely. I highly recommend taking a trip outside of Edinburgh if you're visiting - however I think the time you're there needs to be taken into account. We were only there for two full days, and spending most of the day travelling (about five hours driving) probably wasn't the best use of our time, but it was really lovely to see some the countryside, and I did get to do some bird watching (fairly certain I saw an eagle!).

2 comments:

  1. Aw these photos are lovely, have spent many, many holidays up in the Highlands over the years! Glad you enjoyed your trip, come back sooooon! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly cannot wait until I get the chance to go again and hopefully explore properly this time! x

      Delete

I love getting comments and receiving them, and I will always reply to them, even if it takes me a little while, please be patient!

UA-21892945-2