Thursday, January 16, 2014

sour cream choc-chip cake recipe


Now I'm not one to blow my own trumpet, but this is one of the best cakes I've ever made. Perhaps even the best. My mum was looking for a recipe to use up some rhubarb we had in the freezer and I came across this Chocolate Chip Sour Cream Coffee Cake by Smitten Kitchen (I really love all her recipes). It sounded interesting with the sour cream, although I'm not sure why it's called a coffee cake, as there is no coffee in it... is this an american thing? Anyway, it takes a while to put everything together because you've got to beat eggwhites and mix ingredients in separately etc, but it's an amazinggg cake when its made. It's really light and fluffy and tastes a bit like muffins due to the sour-cream in it. It also makes a huge tray full so it would be good to make to take to a party or something like that. 
I'm not going to re-type the recipe here because it's long, and she explains it pretty well, and I highly recommend baking it, it went down particularly well in my family, even with my dad who doesn't really like chocolate cake!

(I made this a little while ago and I'm well on my way with my diet now (lost 7lbs!) but I found these pictures on my computer and it made me so so hungry!)

2 comments:

  1. YUM!! I've just had lunch but now I'm craving something sweet hehe

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm trying to be really healthy at the moment but finding these photos made me break my good diet a teensy bit! haha x

      Delete

I love getting comments and receiving them, and I will always reply to them, even if it takes me a little while, please be patient!

UA-21892945-2