Monday, September 08, 2014

workspace sneakpeek


I don't know about you, but something I really enjoy is seeing the space that other people work in. In a concerted effort to try and improve my posture and stop spending as much time blogging in bed (although that is exactly where I am right now, oops) I have been trying to make my desk-space a more inviting place. Usually it is a dumping ground for magazines, bills, letters, make-up, used cotton pads, etc. You name it, it usually ends up there..

So, I thought I would show you around my space a little bit, but I wasn't sure how to do this post, without rambling on a whole lot.. Therefore I've condensed this to a list of my few favourite bits and bobs.. 

  • My lovely friend Kiki gifted me these two lovely round green agate slices because she knows how much I love crystals and rocks and anything related. I use them as coasters, and they're pretty perfect.
  • On a similar note, aren't my little trio of brass trinket boxes just amazing? I've found quite a few in charity shops over the years, and nearly all of them contain gems of some kind. I split these three on my desk into colour, and they're usually forming a little pyramid..
  • It's probably psychological but having greenery around me makes me feel so much better - my favourites are my mini-crassula in a jar and my spider plant given to me as a cutting from an internship.
  • Candles: I have a selection dotted about my room, but my favourite is my nearly-dead melted stub of a giant pillar candle that I've been burning for about a year. I don't know where my mum got it, but it's lasted forever. Scentless, it just makes my room feel cosy.
  • Jars of, er, stuff... That's pretty vague, I know, but how else do you describe a giant jar full of pinecones and bark, or an old candle jar filled with shells and trinkets from the beach, or my lipsticks in another old candle jar with my favourite lipsticks in?
  • A little bit of art, here and there. You can sort of see the quilted koi-pond my mum made for me, or the manual-panoramic-photographs I took in Verona, both of which I really love. I also have a print I got for free at an event, reminding me to be a bit more optimistic, some old photographs my dad took of Salford in the 1970's, and some feathers found, collected, and gifted over the years. I want to add to the collection above my desk, but I'm not sure how to arrange these..

What do you think? I know it's rather white, but I can't think too well if there is a lot going on right in front of my eyes... It's definitely making me work there a lot more, which is good, I think. 
If you have any questions about any of the things I've not touched on, let me know, I'll be happy to answer any questions. If you've done one of these posts, please link it in the comments, I'd really love to see it! I'm horrifically nosy, you see... 

14 comments:

  1. this space is stunning! You have great tastes :)
    I really need an office makeover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, thank-you! I've never been told I have good taste before (: I need to work on the rest of my room, but it's getting closer to how I want it! (: x

      Delete
  2. This is gorgeous! I love how clean and bright it looks. My desk is pretty much covered in papers and junk, so I typically just work at the dining room table or in my bed, haha.

    Cat
    http://oddlylovely.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine usually is, don't get me wrong! But I'm trying to make more of an effort and move the old cereal bowls etc, so I can work there! x

      Delete
  3. I long for an organised workspace like this! I love all the candles. My desk has a lot of books and folders but nothing pretty on it :( I've attempted to try and make it a bit prettier lately!

    hellomissjordan.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love having candles, I bought a bunch of cheap pillar candles in Lidl today and I'm going to arrange them somewhere on my desk if I find a nice tray.. Ideas, ideas! x

      Delete
  4. *swoon* this is perfection!! i love all the little odds + ends scattered around and how clean it looks!! right now where my computer is is an absolute mess!!! it's awful!! i can't wait to get organized and have a space where i actually want to go to blog/be inspired!! and your desk is def. an inspiration!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like I said, it's never usually tidy! I've been trying to make a special effort recently. (: I'm glad I've inspired you to try something, so nice to hear! x

      Delete
  5. This is a simply stunning workspace. Soon I will be decorating my own brand new workspace, once we've moved house, and this post has been such an inspiration to me! So thank you! :)

    Owl Girl | A London lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, wow, you're so kind to say that. (: I'm glad I've inspired someone! x

      Delete
  6. Owh, my 'office space' is shameful. I connect my laptop to the TV a lot so usually use it while half propped up on the sofa.
    Really impressed by how well you've used this space, we have an office space, but it's currently a guest/laundry/changing room, oops :\

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, usually I'm slouched on my sofa or sprawled out on my bed and it's giving me awful back ache! haha

      Delete

I love getting comments and receiving them, and I will always reply to them, even if it takes me a little while, please be patient!

UA-21892945-2